Legal & Privacy
- I) ABOUT US
If you have any questions about our confidentiality policy or the use of your personal data on our website, please contact us by email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
- II) YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- A) The information you provide us
To place an order on our website, create a customer account, contact us or subscribe to our newsletter and other marketing activities, in general, you provide us with the following information:
- Your identity and contact information: your name, surname and country from which you contact us, as well as your email address, postal address, delivery address and telephone number.
- Bank and payment details: your bank details (keep in mind that all payment transactions are encrypted by the receiving bank (we do not store card numbers), information about your purchases, orders, returns, etc.
- Starting data of session, geolocation and navigation
- Your profile - if you open a customer account, create a profile and log in every time you visit our website. In this case, data will be saved, including your customer username and password, recent purchases or preferences.
- Your personal preferences: this includes your marketing and cookie preferences.
When we ask you to enter your personal data to access a function, some fields are mandatory as we require this data to guarantee access to this function (for example, to deliver a package we need your postal address).It is important that the personal data shared is correct and up to date. Please inform us of any changes to these details. We do not store any confidential personal data and, as our website is not intended for children, we do not store any data about children.
- B) Data obtained from cookies
- Usage data - this data includes products that you have purchased and how you use our website and our applications.
- Technical data: these data include:
- Your IP address, search engine and version, location and time, area, browser extension, operating system and platform, as well as other technical data about the device you use to browse our website.
- Information about your visit, including URLs and your click path, from and on our website (including date and time); the products you are looking for or looking for; page response times, download errors, browsing time on pages, interaction on pages (such as clicks and mouse movements), the way you leave the pages.
III) WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Depending on the type of data we have access to about you, we may process it for the following purposes:
- To manage your registration as a website user: if you want to use our services, we need to process your data to identify you as a website user and allow you to access various personalised functions and services. You can delete your account at any time by contacting us.
- To fulfil the purchase agreement: your data is used to keep you updated on the status of your order, to prepare your order, accept your payment, give you access to after-sales services or refund your order. It also allows us to inform you of any fraud against you or us during the purchase process. If we consider the action to be fraudulent, this processing may allow us to block the transaction.
- To respond to requests sent to customer services
- To improve our services: when you use our website, you are informed that we process your browsing and purchase data for analytical and statistical purposes. This data allows us to better understand how you use our website, in order to improve the ease of use and the quality of our services.
- For marketing purposes: if you have subscribed to our newsletter, we process your data to manage your subscription and send you relevant information by email or Whatsapp, depending on the preferences you indicated. We may also communicate with you via push notifications if you have subscribed to this service. We need your consent for all direct marketing. You can also unsubscribe from our communications at any time (for example, to unsubscribe from the newsletter, simply click on the "Click here to unsubscribe" button at the bottom of all our newsletters and confirm cancellation of your subscription). If you agree to receive direct marketing content, either through our newsletter or push notifications.
- To share information about our events, products, services or current offers
- To make recommendations about certain products or services that may interest you
- For market research, in order to better understand your expectations regarding our products and services proposed by our website.
- IV) THIRD PARTIES
In the context of your use of our website, you may receive information from third parties with whom we work, offering you certain services. This may include:
- Financial establishments
- Fraud detection and prevention entities
- Logistics, transportation and delivery services
- Marketing or advertising service providers
We may share your personal data with third parties for the following reasons, for example:
- Payment services to complete payments;
- Delivery companies to deliver your order;
- Credit and fraud prevention agencies to carry out a credit check and confirm your identity;
- Analysis software that allows us to process your data to optimize your shopping experience on our website.
We ask third parties to commit to respecting the security of your personal data, in accordance with the law. Third parties can only use your personal data in accordance with our instructions and not for their own purposes.
- V) WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
- A) Legal bases
We process your data based on legal reasons that depend on the way you interact with our website.
- When you buy products from our website, we need your personal data to carry out the contract.For example, we need your contact details to deliver your order.
- Our processing is also based on other legal reasons, such as your legitimate interests. We consider, for example, that it is in your interest that your identity cannot be used for fraudulent purposes, the people of our customer service team may have access to your order information to better help you, and understand your use of our website to improve the customer experience and the services we offer.
- We respect the importance given to consent in the new GDPR law.
- B) Consent
Your consent must be given clearly and unequivocally. That is why, when you agree to receive our communications (in particular through newsletters):
- We explain how we will use your data and the type of communication you will receive;
- You must check a box confirming your consent to subscribe;
- You can withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to unsubscribe from our direct marketing through the newsletter, you can do so at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of each email;
--> To unsubscribe, send us an email, we will then unsubscribe you immediately.
Cookies (including those for advertising banners) require a specific un-subscription.
- VI) SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you created an account, you chose a password. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. That is why we recommend choosing an effective password and not sharing it. We recommend that you only log in using secure networks, preferably private networks. Be aware of the risks of using public Wi-Fi networks.
If you receive an email that claims to be from the brand we work for and asks you to provide personal data, do not reply. Send us the email so we can take the necessary action.
All of our service providers work in the European Economic Area (EEA) and must respect the same legislation as us. In the case of a service provider located outside the EEA, we are committed to ensuring that your data is transferred with proper care. We have signed contractual clauses with each of them in the context of the GDPR.
VII) PERIOD OF STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will store your data for as long as you remain a customer, but also afterwards, to answer all questions, respond to complaints or maintain all the data necessary to comply with legal, accounting or analytical requirements. We may also store your data for statistical analysis or research purposes. More specifically: in the context of a subscription to our newsletter, we will no longer contact you if you have not opened our newsletters for more than three years.
Any changes to this policy will be updated on this page, if applicable, and you will be notified by email.
Has my order been accepted?
After your payment has been accepted you will be redirected to a page confirming your payment. You will then receive a confirmation email which will include the details of your order. If you do not appear to have received this email, we advise you to check in your spam email. If needs be, we ask that you contact customer services indicating the date and the sum of the order.
What should I do if I haven’t received my order yet?
Login to your LOULOU account to check that your order has been accepted. You will find your order status in your account dashboard. Click on your order tracking number and you will be redirected to the website of the delivery service provider you have chosen, to track your package. If after 10 working days you have still not received your order, contact the delivery service provider, with your order tracking number in hand.
Can I cancel my order after I have placed it?
Once the email with confirmation of your order has been sent you will no longer be able to cancel your order. However, it is possible for you to return any items for a refund once you have received them. However, we don’t cover the delivery costs for the returned items.
I have an incorrect item/size in my order. What should I do?
In the event of receiving a wrong item, please contact out Customer Services team with your order number and the incorrect item’s name and product number. You’ll be given the indications to proceed the return.
There is an item missing from my order. What should I do?
Check the condition of your package. If the package shows any signs of damage please send a photo to our Customer Services team so we can make an inquiry with the delivery service provider. If your package is not damaged but you are nevertheless missing an item, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services team.
What do I do if I receive a faulty item?
LOULOU pays great attention to the quality of our products. However, if despite all of the quality controls carried out, an item appears to be faulty, we kindly ask you to send a photo of the faulty item(s) to our Customer Services team. If the product is deemed to be faulty by our Customer Services team, we’ll provide you with a return number to proceed with the return at our charge. We’ll send you a brand new piece as soon as we receive the defective one. In case this product is no longer available, you’ll be refunded immediately.
Do I need to create an account to place an order with you?
In order to place an order it’s not mandatory to register, however we highly encourage you to do so in the event you’d like to track/exchange your items.
What should I do if I’m unable to login into my account?
If your email address or password are not recognized: Be sure to use the email address and password that you’ve provided when you first created the account. If you are unable to remember your password click on «Forgot your password?» on the login page. We’ll send you an email with a link that will allow you to create a new password for your account. If after this you still can’t sign in, contact our Customer Services team.
What if I am not receiving your emails or newsletters?
To receive our emails and newsletters, you have to fill in your e-mail address into «Subscribe to our newsletter».
I would like to send a gift.
Each item is packed with paper silk, placed into a tote bag in cotton, without price tag. It will surely make your friend happy to receive it from you. You just have to mention a different delivery address.
The item I want is currently out of stock. Will the stock be replenished?
If the item you want is out of stock but scheduled to be reordered, you can pre-order it from the product page and click on «pre-order». However, in Loulou we produce limited edition pieces and we don’t do restock. Once is sold out, is gone forever!
Is there a shop or a show-room LOULOU where I can try on and see the items ?
LOULOU is an e-shop, we do not have any place where you could see our collections. Nevertheless, we will soon invite you to join us in a Pop Up! :)
Is it possible to track my order?
You can track the delivery of your order. Once your package has been dispatched, you will receive an email containing a tracking link which allows you to follow the progress of your order on the site of your chosen delivery service provider. Your unique tracking number is indicated in the dashboard of your account. By clicking on the tracking number you will be redirected to the site of your chosen delivery service provider where you can follow the progress of your order.
What should I do if my package shows signs of damage?
Following the receipt of your package, if you believe the packaging shows signs of deterioration or damage, please contact our Customer Services team, who will investigate the matter further with
Am I required to pay customs or import duties?
For shipments outside of the European Union, Spanish VAT is not applicable. Import duties may be asked of you upon delivery, and will be payable directly to the shipment carrier.
Payments and discounts
How do I get my discount code?
Discount codes are shipment codes offered. They are sent upon request by email via our Customer Services team, when an item has arrived faulty or damaged, or if there is a mistake with the size or color of an item.
Need some help with your discount code?
To use your discount code: Login to your account. The discount code will be requested in the shopping cart.
How do I pay for my order?
We only accept payment via Paypal, Visa, Mastercard and Carte Bleue.
After I have confirmed my order, when will the money be debited from my account?
Once your order has been accepted and processed, and following authorization from your bank, the money will be debited from your account.
What do I do if my payment is declined?
You have 3 attempts to complete the payment for your order. If none of these attempts are successful your payment will be declined and you will be redirected to a page indicating that your payment has been declined. Your payment may be declined for different reasons: An incorrect entry of your personal bank details, the total cost of the order exceeds your balance etc. We advise you contact your bank to discover why your payment has been declined.
What if I paid with my credit card/debit card and I didn’t receive the confirmation email?
If your payment was processed and you haven’t received an email confirming your order within 5 minutes, check that the email is not in your spam. The bank verification can sometimes take a little longer (security procedures) when the request is not immediately authorized and has to be validated manually.
Is the payment secured ?
The payment is 100% secure. All the information exchanged in order to process the payment is encrypted by SSL. This data cannot be detected, intercepted or used by others. It is not stored on our computer systems either. When you are asked to enter your credit card number, you can verify that you are in a secure area thanks to a number of security features in your browser. You can easily identify these areas because of an address beginning with https and containing “secure.ogone.com”, as well as a closed padlock or an unbroken key displayed at the bottom of the browser.
Will my bank details be stored?
No banking information is stored on our website. Your bank details are entered directly on a secure server managed by Monetico, our technical and financial service provider. The bank details that you give are encrypted on your personal computer, and will never circulate unencrypted around the web.
How can I contact the customer service?
You can contact customer service by writing at email@example.com